Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A-!!!!

I GOT AN A- ON AN AP COMP ESSAY!!!! I was so excited! Yess... FINALLY! I put so much work into this essay because I really wanted this to be my A paper.

We're not gonna talk about how I think my final is gonna go.

BUT THIS PAPER!! Maybe it's because I really liked Great Expectations, maybe it's because I put more work into this one than any other essay, or maybe it's because I've just finally learned how to write better, but I finally got it.

So let's look at the goals I set at new years:

1. Finish my short film and film it (Before the end of the school year) - In Rehearsal, check!
2. Work out more often and more consistently (and eat healthier) - I've been working out more, but eating healthier not so much. I need to work on this.
3. Begin/Continue learning to play guitar and piano - At a much slower pace... I need to start again
4. Get a B or higher on an essay in AP Comp - A-!!!!!!
5. Get into AP Chem - I'm working on this, I have a SAT 2 prep book and if I score above 700 I can take AP chem
6. Do well enough in math to eventually move into Supercalc - There are three different before calculus classes at MSSM, AB, BC, and accelerated BC. I got in Accelerated BC, so I'd say check.
7. Act in something and be happy about my performance, or direct a show (probably The Importance of Being Earnest) and of course do a good job - This is not happening. I am doing a monologue in theater club though... so that sort of does this
8. Do something big in acapella, whether it be arrange a song or get a singing solo (I have a solo, but it's rapping and to me that's not as much of an achievement). I'm not sure about this one *UPDATE - Tentative Check* I don't think this is gonna happen this year, but I'm probably gonna help Katie arrange a song next year.
9. Do stand-up again, and do it well enough that I want to continue pursuing it. Do it as good as I did at the end of 8th grade. - Not done

So taking away already completed ones or ones I know I can't do:

1. Work out more often and more consistently (and eat healthier)
2. Begin/Continue learning to play guitar and piano
3. Get into AP Chem
4. Do stand-up again

That's a lot better than before!

Incidentally if you haven't noticed, these goals are more end of the school year goals than year long goals.



The sad part about this paper is that now that I have higher standards I can no longer be content with a C+. Nooo!

No comments: