Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Review: Once

So this is my first review on this blog in like 70 years! W0oTz.

So I just finished Once, and it was really good. If you haven't heard of once you have probably heard the song "Falling Slowly" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSL_qayMCc), which is from the movie.

Overall, I really liked it. It was a very odd movie. It was odd in the way that... I don't really know what to say. You kind of have to see it to understand exactly what it is... but It's like nothing you've ever seen.

It is very real, and human, and really doesn't play out like any other movie.

Basically it is about these two poor nameless people living in Dublin who are amazing at music and sort of come together through that, both coming out better than they started. At first look it would seem like a romance about how they fall in love, but it really isn't like that. I mean at times it can be looked at like that, but in some ways it's really more about the music...

I don't know, that's the weird thing about it. It is not a normal movie, or musical for that matter, it's just a simple pretty realistic story about what happens to two people after they meet. It doesn't have a movie ending or plot to it... it's just enjoyable and human.

However it is not perfect. Because of it's realism it is in some ways a little unsatisfying and strange, but compared to it's pros that is a small complaint.

Also I didn't even mention because I thought of it as sort of a given, the music and performances are all fantastic and perfect.

Overall, 9/10. SEE IT!

No comments: