Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The dirty water snow and fall out boy incident

I had a strange moment while I was walking home today. I had just got off the late bus, and my ipod was on shuffle and it came to "What A Catch, Donnie" by fall out boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqeNFUiksA << that's the song if you're curious. It's a pretty good song, not the best on the album, but still good.

Anyway, so I was walking home from the bus and thinking. It was kind of gray out, but I generally like that kind of weather, I just find it so peaceful and beautiful.

So I was walking back, and the song got me in a mood and I started thinking about how I had been kind of unhappy recently. Then I picked up some snow from the side of the road, and dropped it into a dirty puddle. I don't really know why I did it, except because I think it's cool to watch the water soak into the snow. So as soon as I dropped it the snow immediately started turning light brown, and it soaked through except for the top of parts of the taller pieces of snow.

Then I began thinking about myself. Sometimes my mind creates deep symbolism for everyday things, even when there is none or it doesn't even completely fit. This was one of those times. I started comparing myself to the snow, thinking about how it was like me. How I was like snow with the dirty water just coming up to the top. After a second, I realized this made no real sense, but I was compelled to continue staring. I thought the water might creep up the snow a little more, but it stayed put.

Then I thought about it and I was thinking maybe I just needed to wait for the water to move. Then I realized this also didn't make sense.

At this point in the song, it was getting to the end where guest musicians start saying lyrics from their previous songs in rhythm with this song, it's a weird effect but I like it, it's cool.

I noticed that there were little ripples in the water, and it was starting to rain. Then the song ended, and I decided to take the headphones out of my ears. I stared for a second more, enjoying the peacefulness. Decisively, I moved to the other side of the puddle and started pulling the snow out of the dirty water with my feet. When I got most of the snow out, the tops of part were still white. Also, I got my shoe wet in the process. I almost stopped twice in the middle, but for some reason I continued.

Then I started walking again. As I was just getting towards my house, I was overwhelmed with an urge to just feel the fresh air so I took off my sweatshirt and my backpack and carried them.

Then I walked into the house, and dropped off my stuff. I walked back outside, and looked around at the snow on the porch. Again, for no reason I can really explain, I took the snow and pushed some into my face. I started laughing, and it was kind of refreshing. Then after thinking for a bit, I jumped into the snowbank, wearing only my T-Shirt and jeans. I sort of laughed, and it hurt my hands a bit for some reason.

Then I got out, and came inside.

I really don't think theres some deep hidden meaning in all of this, it was just very strange. Like I said, my mind tries to find hidden meanings and symbolism when there is none.

By the way, I was never really very sad for this, just so you know. This isn't an "I'm depressed feel bad for me post"

Well I hope you enjoyed my strange experience!

I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch

Oh god I seem emo with those lyrics xD

No comments: