Sunday, March 8, 2009

Air Band

I realized I should go into more specifics for Air Band, or at least I want too. Cool how my order of these blogs is completely incoherent.

ANYWAYYYY.

So I lied. The thing I said about animals impressions and Lion king was in hope some upper classmen would read it and think it was going to be super lame, and then be surprised at it's awesome sexiness. So during rehearsals I felt like it was really awesome. Then when we preformed it people didn't seem like they loved it while we did it. We did get some decent feedback. It seemed like the general feeling was that it didn't suck like they thought it would, but it wasn't great. Also, a couple people said my worm was good which made me feel bueno.

Also, the whole thing with rosie, blech.

THE STORY OF THE AIR BANDDD...

So basically it started out with Chelsea thinking up of doing Here it goes again (emily also did, but i think they came up with it seperately). Then we found out we couldn't, because no freestanding props. Then we decided to do it anyway because mr lewia convinced us that it would be good anyway. Then, first practice, Chelsea and Maria showed up late with an entire mix of different freshman themed completely different songs, which we decided to do. Then they coreographed the beginning. The next day, they came in with completely different (but in some ways similar) coreography. We managed to finish coreographing the entire thing (which included a lot of spontanious ideas and additions from people who weren't the original coreographers) about an hour before the last rehearsal ended, so we just ran it over and over.

Good story, right?

Basically, a summary of what we did. I think my favorite parts were the S-I-C-K part, the part where me and lauren walked on people's backs, and the worm line chelsea backflipping parts.

Well I'm sure my blogging has gotten boring, so I will end it

Songs of the day - My Name Is - Eminem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdRauWVbwg
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UX0p7uAW2s
I Love College - Asher Roth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pkqeamXe8 (secretly not about high school freshman hehe)
What's My Age Again? - Blink-182
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjbphQH2iE

The theme is songs from air band (except one I don't know the name of, but it wasn't really a good one). Goddd air band was fun.

No comments: