Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I'm Looking For

This is just a quick post, I'm just finishing up some homework, and the song "What I'm Looking For" came on my shuffle. I really love that song in so many ways. I especially love the lyrics, they always seem to speak and apply to me. Last year, they applied to me one way, and now this year I am finding new meaning in the lines that seemed out of place to me. Here it is (this will also be the song of the day):
What I'm Looking For - Brendan Benson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5WzRc3u5ac
If you usually don't watch/listen to the songs I recommend, listen to this one. It really is a good song. Really the whole thing applies to me, and I am sure a lot of you will stop reading here but I am going to post the lyrics and talk about them and me:

Well I don't know what I'm looking for
But I know that I just want to look some more
And I won't be satisfied 'til there's nothing left that I haven't tried
For some people it's an easy choice
But for me there's a devil and an angel's voice
Well I don't know what I am looking for
But I know that I just wanna look some more -- Nothing to explain here, all just true

Well I don't know what I'm living for
But I know that I just wanna live some more -- I used to really feel strongly about this line, and then a little while ago I heard this song again and I didn't feel like I wanted to live some more (as in I just wanted to sleep and relax) but I am feeling that way again which is a good sign.

You hear it from strangers
And you hear it from friends
That love never dies
And love never ends -- Fine line, doesn't particularly apply to me but whatever
I don't want to argue
No, I don't want to fight
'Cause you're always wrong
And I'm always right -- I have never understood this line, maybe someday I will. I guess hes saying he thinks hes always right, which applies to me a lot.

Well I don't know what I'm living for
But I know that I just want to live some more

I used to be involved and I felt like a king
Now I've lost it all and i don't feel a thing -- So true right now
I may never grow up
I may never give in
And I blame this world that I live in -- Also true
I visit Hell on a daily basis
And I see the sadness in all your faces -- That seems more true as time has gone on, I don't really visit hell but I can be in a bad place sometimes and I feel like everyone else is too and that makes me sad

I've got friends who are married and their lives seem complete
And here I am still stumbling down a darkened street
A darkened street
And I act like a child
And I'm insecure
And I'm filled with doubt
And I'm immature
Sometimes it creeps up on me
And before I know it I'm lost at sea -- This verse is one of my all time favorite song verses. It just seems so true for me, everything there is true. I feel like other people have their lives so omuch more together, and I do all of that stuff.


But no matter how far I roam
I always find my way back home -- I never used to think this applied to me, but now I hope it does, it makes me feel optimistic that things are going to get better again, and I am currently "Lost at sea"

But I don't know what I've been waiting for
But I know that I don't wanna wait anymore -- Very true

*repeated chorus stuff*

Well I hope you enjoyed my love affair with that song, I am going to listen to it again and then finish my homework.

Musical opens tomorrow! =D

No comments: